Friday, September 28, 2012

Marauder in progress

So I've had  this old kit since like 03 or so . A 1/72 Robotech/Macross Commanders battlepod, which as you all know was used in Battletech as the Marauder.
The original art by Loose altered it slightly
Not by much. The main difference is the nose area and of course all the extra panel lines that, to me, made the mech seem more human in a way. Less cartoony and Alien.

I picked up this kit because I was led to understand that when built it would stand in scale  with my Armourcast kits. Well I built it and was immediately disappointed.
It was just to Robotechy and not very Battletechy. This is not my kit but one I found on the net. It builds nice but it just isnt for me.
 Sorry, I have no pics for size comparison,. but believe me, to my eye it was WAY too big. Standing like 2 inches taller over my Madcat. Not right when both are supposed to be 75 tonners.

So it went back into the box and away until I could figure out what to do with it. I paid over $100 for it after all.


Until I saw this painting by Flyingdebris.






And that did it. The old Imai kit is being transformed with this pic as the main inspiration. My final build wont be a perfect match but Im using it for a guide and this is where Im at now.





Im on the way.








4 comments:

  1. Aargh!!! What have you done! ;-)

    Looking good, but the weaponpods look a tad large compared to the body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa nice! You can also see my Locust build here :

    http://wargamingnut.blogspot.sg/2014/03/locust-mech.html

    Glad I stumbled across yr blog !

    ReplyDelete